ASP 2012 ~ June 16-23 ~ All For One (1 Cor 12:4-6)
Next Meeting: Sunday February 12 during church
Next Fundraiser: Spaghetti Luncheon, Sunday Feb. 19
Payment deadline: $125 due March 1, 2012 (not chaperones)
~ ~ ~
Homework for Sunday!
Please fill out the following questions with at least one answer per question by no later than noon on Saturday (submit to PR by email or Facebook)
1. What dare will you compete for in the “Coin Jar Competition”?
2. Name something you would like people to sponsor (for example, “drywall one room” or “new bathroom fixtures for one house”) and an amount.
3. What can we offer (besides a postcard) for levels of sponsorship (at least two suggestions)?
4. What is an adjective that best describes what you will bring to ASP? (Examples, but do not use these: happy, sleepy, grumpy, bashful, sneezy, dopey.)
5. (Returning) Give one specific example of how you made a concrete difference through ASP.
5. (First-timers) What are you most looking forward to about ASP?
~ ~ ~
12 ~ Spaghetti Luncheon & Sponsorship planning during Sunday School
19 ~ Spaghetti Luncheon (~9am-1pm)
28 ~ Endowment Committee meeting
4 ~ Planning meeting 11:30am
18 ~ Planning meeting 11:30am
Read about our 2011 mission trip through ASP here!
Appalachia Service Project (ASP) provides one of the most rewarding structured service opportunities in the nation — bringing thousands of volunteers from around the country to rural Central Appalachia to repair homes for low-income families.
We like to say that our goal is to make homes “warmer, safer and drier” for needy families. And for more than 40 years, we’ve done exactly that for thousands of families. Yet for all that, we are only able to serve one in ten families who apply to us for help. We need many, many more volunteers to make a lasting dent in Appalachian poverty.